We're not just a cleaning co, we're an impact co, and our target of choice is the elimination of single-use plastic from homes. We're off to a fairly useful start, being certified the world’s first plastic-negative cleaning co and we aspire to be the world’s first waste-negative cleaning co. (For clarity that’s quite a leap from ‘zero waste’, which of itself is awesome). We reckon we’re close to being able to claim that because:
- We’ve eliminated toxins from our cleaners
- Our packaging is 100% home compostable
- We’ve up-cycled waste plastic into ‘forever’ bottles*
- We're certified carbon-negative because we double offset our emissions through our partnership with CarbonClick
- We're committed to removing 2 WildClean bottles' worth of plastic from waste streams for every 1 bottle purchased by a customer, through our partnership with rePurpose.global.
Our commitment to use only sustainable, and up-cycled waste materials is absolute. Mostly because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we want to do more than just provide an alternative to Big Clean’s single-use plastic addiction. We want to work actively to cure it. So we have lofty goals, but we’re also pretty low key, direct and occasionally even witty (usually by mistake, obvs).
*NOTE: we’ve been working/testing/trialling/mostly failing for over a year to ensure that our bottles are made from 100% up-cycled plastic, only to be thwarted by the reality that no one has yet cracked the making of spray triggers from 100% recycled plastic. Sooo, our bottles are 100% recycled plastic, but the triggers/pumps are currently just 25% PCR (post consumer recycled). Rest assured that we’re working hard to fix that. Meantime we've selected the most durable/long-lasting design we could find.